WHAT IS RASPBERRY PI?
No, it isn’t some kind of exquisite Raspberry dessert. The Raspberry Pi is a credit card-sized, low-cost machine that attaches to a computer monitor or TV and uses a regular mouse and keyboard. It’s a small versatile device that allows people of all ages to explore programming and learn how to code in languages such as Scratch and Python. It’s capable of performing like and doing all you would expect from, a desktop computer, including surfing the internet and playing high-definition (HD) videos, making spreadsheets, playing games, and word processing.
WHAT MAKES IT UNIQUE?
What makes it different and unique is that the Raspberry Pi has the ability to communicate and interact with the outer world and is used for a wide range of electronic production ventures, from music machines and parent detectors to infra-red cameras for tweeting birdhouses and Microsoft 365 courses.
The Raspberry Pi is ideal for children all over the world to learn how computers work and how to code in languages.
MODELS OF RASPBERRY PI
MODEL B: In the Model B, you will have an HDMI, RCA Audio, two USB ports, a slot for SD card, a jack for headphones, along with an Ethernet port. The device itself consists of half a Gigabyte of RAM and an ARM processor.
MODEL A: Model A contains all the same Model B characteristics, except for one USB connector, Ethernet port, and half of RAM.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- An SD card inserted into the Board slot serves as the Raspberry Pi’s hard-drive, and it’s powered by a USB.
- The video output can be connected to a typical RCA TV set, a more modern display, or even a Television using the HDMI port.
- This gives you all of a regular computer’s basic capabilities.
- It has about 3 watts of incredibly low power consumption. You can run over 30 Raspberry Pi(s) instead of a regular light bulb to put this power consumption into Microsoft 365 training.
OPERATING SOFTWARE THAT YOU CAN RUN ON RASPBERRY PI
- OSMC (Open Source Media Centre)
- OpenELEC (Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Centre)
- RISC OS
- Windows IoT Core
- Ubuntu Core
USES OF RASPBERRY PI
- You can replace your desktop computer with Raspberry Pi.
- You can do printing using your Raspberry Pi.
- You can also add Airprint Support to your Pi Print Server.
- The primary use for a Raspberry Pi is likely to be as a Kodi Media Center.
- One of the most common uses of the Raspberry Pi is that the computer is great as a retro gaming machine.
- It’s an amazing game server for Minecraft.
- Raspberry Pi also offer many robot controller projects.
Raspberry Pi is an all-in-one alternative for desktop. It is perfect for kids and gamers alike. It is an ideal choice for photography professionals as it serves as an excellent stop motion camera.