“Web services refers to the set of application for online communication between two or more parties for mutual interest.”
By the year 1994, Jeff Bozos came up with an idea to generate an electronic platform. This American commerce company launched as an online bookshop in 1995. From the very beginning, the site becomes a famous icon of online business. Amazon gained ‘1999 person of the year’ for bezo: times magazine. Unlike other companies, Amazon also faced a financial crisis which leads to a downtrend. They managed to secure their position in the market and emerged as one of the leading electronic web servicing provided by the collaboration of retailers, to act as a central party in the sale and purchase of a commodity.
One of the largest online retailers well established and trusted today is known as Amazon. This position achieved due to various reasons such as their combination of unique display, advertising, and low prices. This trend of shopping has reduced the hassle of traveling to markets and comparing different rates offered by various sellers. Products specialized in quality are selected at amazon site and delivered at the doorstep.
Another attractive factor of Amazon is its convenient claim procedure which is free of cost. These claims can make regarding quality or delivery of wrong products. Its market position based on various strengths. Some of the prominent positive aspects discussed below.
Being a market leader requires a lot of effort and various techniques to maintain its rank, such as:
- Their innovative and attractive marketing strategies
- Convenient mode of payment and delivery means for customer
- Customer loyal over a decade
- Serving high quality with minimum rates
- Continuous innovation: use of latest technology has revived the trend of online shopping and introduced one touch facility.
- Brings a wide range of products for consumers to offer maximum opportunities, to choose from. Hence such type of opportunities always better off their customers.
- Variety of promotion: Amazon offers a broad range of promotional schemes which influences demand and hence the supply of products. So this increase in shopping phenomenon generates high traffic on site. The team amazon smoothly monitors it.
As a universal fact every business cannot be perfect so do amazon shares some of its weaknesses. These factors act as disadvantages for the company. Providing your customer with much variety sometimes confuse them with their actual need and become a difficulty in selecting a product. Shipping charges sometimes exceed the real worth of commodity which drags customers to the local market which usually offer free home delivery. Moreover, the company is based entirely on an online setup which discourages the offline customers.
Amazon.com is one of the most popular home shopping websites through its teamwork and strategy building methods. Being a publicly owned company, they are devoted to providing the best employee and customer service. This reflects the characteristic of the team-oriented company. Having a tough competitor such as eBay and wal-mart.com, Amazon has to maintain their standards, and thus a high level of innovative techniques and ideas are required from team amazon. So far they have secured a position of leadership in the electronic web servicing market better known as IT Service Management.